Advanced search allows you to combine several criteria to create a precise search request.
You can select one or more search fields: title, author, custom fields...
To start an advanced search:
- choose first a field to search in from the drop-down menu. For example: Author
- click on Add to display the first search field on your screen
- select a search type for the field you have just added. Choose from among the following - "boolean expression", "starts with", "ends with" or "exactly like"
- the one that best corresponds to the type of search you want to conduct. Types of search may vary from field to field, e.g., for Author "starts with"
- if the field needs a value, enter it directly in the input box; if the field needs a choice (e.g. the material type), select one or more options by clicking and holding down the Ctrl button on your keyboard. E.g., for our Author, starts with "Shake"
- Add any other criteria as you wish. Following the above example, you could add Title exactly like "Othello".
- Then, confirm by clicking on Search
Your search can be a boolean expression.
An advanced search can be carried out on the entire library catalogue database.